Monday, October 18, 2010

Bella Vacanza

To kick off my trip, I decided to have one big pizza party at my house. It was my friends last chance to get pizza before the 34 day hiatus and I also viewed it as one way to say thanks to all my friends who have energized me and fed this passion for pizza and learning more.


The menu was some of the regulars that I have honed to near perfection over this summer. Here is the list:

Margherita
Tomato, Mozzarella, Basil

Margherita Via Emilia-Romana
Tomato, Mozzarella, Basil, Parmesan

Picante Prosciutto
Tomato, Mozzarella, Serrano Pepper, Prosciutto Di Parma

Prosciutto Pie
Mascarpone, Prosciutto Di Parma, Arugula, Lemon

Rosie-Tator
Potato, Garlic, Blue Cheese, Rosemary

Roasted Brussels Sprout
Brussels sprout, Goat Cheese, Red onion, Pistachios

Fennel Sausage
Mozzarella, Fennel Sausage, Olive, Black Pepper

The hail stopped... time to get to work.
The forecast was calling for the chance of showers. What an understatement! Hail and rain greeted my guests. Thankfully, we had a lot of appetizers to hold us over. Once the rain stopped, I made 22 pies in about 45 minutes. The crowd stayed warm and well-fed inside. Unfortunately, I was too busy to take any photos but maybe some of the guests did? If you did and you have them, feel free to email them to me and I will add them to the post.

Late in the evening all that was left was me and the ladies. Not a bad night!
Tonight, to continue the pizza-theme, I'll be going to Cibo in Phoenix. Its a wood-fired pizzeria that I've yet to make it to. I'll give you the details and hopefully some photos in the next post, which will probably be from Italy! 

3 comments:

  1. Caleb, be safe but take every chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sue! What a great saying.
    and Thank you Sara for sharing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great night, Caleb! A little rain and hail does not stop your pizza perfection and passion...or our enjoyment of it. Many happy folks with full bellies, once again. We'll miss you. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete